Friday, March 2, 2018

Oh February, month so weird. . . .

Oh Feb-ru-ary, month so weird,
of sunny days your sky is cleared,
so fair and foul it makes me howl,
with threats of storms we be afeard.

For various and sundry reasons

frequently we praise the seasons,
but Feb-ru's air? A blast I dread
and oft just want to stay in bed
(reading of course to gather some force)!

Through bleakest cloud we schlep and strive,

my plants are barely still alive.
A month so short it should not faze
and yet we stumble through its haze.

March may tease and not so please

but I for one am glad Feb's done.
There is no glad, it makes me sad
to fashion verses oh so bad. . . .

(This may not pack the punch I seek-
a New York winter makes me weak-
my post bespeaks an arctic creak,
but I did banish Feb this week!)





















2 comments:

  1. I can't rhyme to save my life, so I especially enjoyed and admire your clever rhyming. The humor and imagery in the 3rd verse made it my favorite.

    Diane Knorr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lynn, be kind, Feb is my b-day month!

    ReplyDelete